Foster carers are the backbone of the Greyhounds As Pets program. Foster families open their hearts and homes to greyhounds by being the first home environment that the greyhounds are introduced to before a permanent loving home is found.
The Greyhounds As Pets program always requires foster carers. No special qualifications are needed, just a little love, a lot of patience and a fenced yard. The foster period is usually between 4-6 weeks.
If you would like more information about fostering, please get in touch and we will send you a Foster Information Booklet.
What does GAP provide for its foster carers?
Every foster carer will receive dry dog food and bedding for the greyhound. Every greyhound comes with its own collar, lead and muzzle and Adoption pack.
The Adoption pack contains:
- A Foster Carer Evaluation Summary (for the foster carer to report on the dogs progress)
- Certificate of Sterilization, Vaccination and microchip papers (that you as the foster carer will collect from the vet when you pick the dog up)
- A month supply of heartworm and flea treatment
- Adoption Agreement and Road Test Contracts
- Change of Microchip Details form
In addition, GAP provide foster carers with ongoing support via phone, email and face to face. All foster carers are also invited to join our online forum to network with other foster carers on our closed Facebook group.
Facts and Trivia
Top Reason #10 to Adopt: They are wonderfully outgoing, friendly and sociable.